Sooji Delight!!! I experimented this recipe with tutti frutti and pineapple essence. It was a success at the first try J . Anyways its similar to kesari method. Pineapple essence and tutti frutti take this to different taste.Lets go to the recipe…
- Sooji/rava – 1 cup
- Water – 2 ½ cups
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Tutti frutti – 1 cup
- Cashews – 8 nos.
- Raisins – 8 nos
- Cardamom (Elaichi) – ½ tsp
- Saffron – Few strands
- Color powder – (Yellow or green) a pinch
- Pineapple essence – 1 ½ tsp
- In a pan , heat ghee , fry the cashews and raisins together and keep aside.
- With the remaining ghee, sauté rava till the aroma comes.
- Then add sugar, stir till the sugar starts to melt.Add boiling water little by little,mix well without lumps in sooji.
- Add remaining ghee, cardamom, saffron, pineapple essence, colour powder,cherries,roasted cashews and raisins.Stir and let it sit in stove for 2 mins until the ghee starts separating on the sides.
- Transfer it to the serving bowl. Serve hot as an evening delight.
1.You can add extra ghee and sugar depends on the taste
2. Also you can add badam,pista and walnuts. It will enhance the taste and aroma.