Sulaimani Tea |Sulaimani Chai | Tea Recipes
Sulaimani Tea | Sulaimani Chai | Tea recipes – A chai famous in Malabar region. I have seen Sulaimani Tea in the film Ustad hotel at first 😆 . They used to drink Sulaimani Tea in early morning bay view. I was searching for long then for this recipe. One of my friend from kerala shared me this aromatic black tea recipe .She explained me about the method, how they used to prepare in kerala. Cardamom, ginger and lemon are key ingredients. No need to use milk for this tea. Its aromatic, moreover its healthy and dietary too.
I heard that this sulaimani chai is an iconic one in Kohinoor group of hotels. Seems they recently closed it in Bangalore. Once I read this article in The hindu paper, most of the regular customers felt bad about kohinoor’s decision. They served a last cup of sulaimani tea on January I think. Anyways some iconic recipes will not give the same taste however we tried. I hope this recipe gives you refreshing taste. Enjoy this with some snacks and lovely book to read 🙂
Sulaimani Chai | Tea Recipes – Ingredients
- Water – 2 cups
- Cardamom – 2 or 3 pods
- Ginger – 2 tbsp (grated)
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Tea powder – 1 tsp
- Jaggery or palm jaggery – 2 tbsp
- In a sauce pan, boil water, after bubbling starts, add crushed cardamom pods,grated ginger , tea powder and jiggery.
- Allow it to boil for 3 mins, then add lemon juice and turn off the flame.
- Filter the tea using a strainer and serve hot in a glass.
- We can use tea bags also instead of tea powder.
- I used 3roses natural care tea powder. There are some aromatic spices present in it. So it adds more flavour to the tea 🙂 . But plain powder also work well.
- In original recipe, palm jaggery was added. I tried with jaggery, it turns well.
- Do not skip any other ingredients. It will lose the authentic taste.