Sweet Punjabi Lassi | lassi recipe | How to prepare lassi recipe
Sweet Punjabi Lassi – a traditional and flavorful drink made with a combo of curd, water and cardamom.Topped with saffron strands and chopped nuts. It’s a summer coolant and a best refreshner for hot weather. Lassi can be made in different ways. This is sweet version which is famous in Punjab.
Sweet Punjabi Lassi | lassi recipe | How to prepare lassi recipe – Ingredients
Prep time : 10 mins | Make time : 5 mins | Serves : 3 glasses
Cuisine : India & Pakistan | Category : Drinks & Beverages
- Chilled Curd (thick) – 1 ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Cold Water – ½ cup
- Cardamom powder/ Cardamom pods – ½ or 1 tsp / 4 pods
- Chopped Nuts – 3 tbsp(mixed of nuts like cashews, pista)
- Saffron – few strands (optional)
- Salt – a generous pinch (optional)
- If you use cardamom pods, make it as a powder for use.
- In a mixie, add chilled curd, chilled water, salt half portion of chopped nuts and cardamom powder.
- Blend for 40 secs. Then add sugar and blend for 1 more minute.Frothy & creamy lassi is ready to serve.Pour lassi in glasses and top with remaining nuts, saffron strands and sprinkle some cardamom powder.
- Use chilled water and curd. So no need of refrigeration.
- Adding salt is optional. But its addition will give nice taste.
Check out my other summer coolants to enjoy
- Mint Chaas
- Amla juice
- Tomato lemonade
- Lemon Ice Tea
- Fig Fruit Milkshake
- Lemon Mocktail
- Mango Banana smoothie
- Guava lemonade
- Watermelon drink
- Sapota Milkshake