Til khoya laddu |mawa sesame ladoo
Til khoya laddu /mawa sesame ladoo – delicious dessert recipe made with mawa(khoya) and sesame.such a simple ladoo to make for this holi season 🙂 . Sesame is fantastically combine with any recipe. Even if it is savoury or sweet recipe, presence of sesame enhance the flavour of particular dish. I have posted Health mix laddu , dates peanut ladoo, wheat ladoo , coconut ladoo . But I found easy making this ladoos without sticking. Make sure while toasting the sesame seeds, do not overcook it. It will result in bitter taste. You can swap sugar with jaggery also, all we know jaggery and mawa is the best combo ever.
Celebrate this holi with delicious til khoya laddu along with my sweet recipe collections.
Prep time : 5 mins | cook time 5 mins | makes : 11 ladoos
Cuisine : Indian | source : here
Til khoya laddu – Ingredients
Khoya/mawa(unsweetened) – 1 cup
Sesame seeds(white) – ¾ cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Cardamom – 2 pods
How to make til khoya laddu recipe:
- Heat a pan, add sesame seeds, roast in medium flame till nice aroma comes and the sesame slightly changes in color.
- Once done, cool the sesame completely to grind.
- In a mixer, add sugar and cardamom, grind to a fine powder.
- In the same jar, add roasted sesame , process roughly to get a coarse mixture.
- Heat a wide pan, add mawa, saute for a minute in medium heat. After it get softens, turn off the flame, then add powdered sugar and grinded sesame mixture.
- Mix well using spatula to get all the ingredients blend well.
- Pinch a small portion from the dough and make equal sized ladoos.
- After it gets cooled, store in a airtight container.
- If you find difficult sauting the mawa as a batch, crumble the khoya before using it.
- You can add roasted sesame as it is without grinding as well.
- As we are adding mawa, this ladoo keeps fresh only for a week.
- Adjust sugar level as you required.