Tomato chutney | Chutney Recipes
This tomato chutney differs from raw tomato and onion chutney. The tanginess of tomato stays after sauting also. I used ripe and pulpy tomatoes to get a good taste.This is easy to make and we can prepare it with less ingredients. Often I used to prepare this chutney at my home .Good accompaniment for ghee roast and rava dosa…
Prep time : 15 mins | Cook time : 10 mins | serves : 4
Recipe cuisine : South indian
Tomato Chutney Recipe- Ingredients:
- Tomatoes – 4(ripe tomatoes)
- Big onion – 1 no.
- Red chillies – 6nos.
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 5 nos.
- Cut the onion and tomatoes roughly and keep aside.
- Heat a kadai, pour 1 tbsp of oil,firstly sauté the onions till it turns transparent.
- Then add tomatoes, sprinkle some salt over it, this is to easy cook the tomatoes. Keep the flame medium and sauté the tomatoes well till it becomes mashy.You can cook the tomatoes by closing the lid for sometime. But it will cook in oil itself if you keep stirring.
- Now add the red chillies, blend well for a min. Switch off and let it cool before grinding.
- Now grind it to smooth texture.In another pan, pour 1 tsp of oil, temper with the items given under “to temper” and mix it with grinded chutney. Add required salt and mix well.
Serve this tangy and spicy tomato chutney with hot idli/dosa
1.Add red chillies after sauting onion or tomatoes to avoid burnt.
You might like these recipes also: