Tomato Rasam – Rasam Recipes
Tomato Rasam is a very simple and easy recipe. No need to say more about rasam for south Indians 🙂 its a daily routine recipe for all south Indian houses. If we get bored of eating the same rasam, we can make it different like tomato rasam, Lemon rasam or onion rasam. Also the non veg rasam tastes wonder .Rasam is best for health due to the presence of pepper, cumin and garlic. It cures indigestion.Lets see the prep method of tangy Tomato rasam 🙂
Tomato Rasam – Ingredients
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Red chilli – 2 nos
- Rasam powder – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 3 flakes( crushed with skin)
- Hing – ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup(chopped)
- Curry leaves – few springs
- To temper :
- Oil/ghee – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Grind two pulpy tomatoes to make puree and keep aside.
- Now heat a pan, pour a tsp of oil or ghee, once it heated temper with mustard,Hing, Red chillies and curry leaves.
- Then add tomato puree and 1 cup of water. Mix well and add rasam powder, crushed garlic,salt and coriander leaves.
- Allow it to boil for 5 mins.
- Then switch of the flame and serve with Steamed rice and papad /Vadams.
- We can add little tamarind, if we want the rasam more tangy.
- I used the home made rasam powder. But we can use store bought one also.
- Keep the skin in garlic . It adds more taste to rasam.